Other Types of Residential Insurance Claims

We work on many types of insurance claims for our Clients – here is a selection of the more common claims.
Please get in touch if your type of claim is not mentioned. Its highly likely that we have worked on something very similar to yours. We have worked on these types of claims:

Working with Us - 4 Big Advantages

We will Help & guide you through the difficult days after the cause of the claim
We assist in securing:
• accommodation 
• interim funding
We will Ensure all damage is noted & reported so its included in the claim
We check your policy terms & conditions  to make sure your covered
We will Handle all negotiations & prepare all the paperwork for your insurer  
We attend all meetings &  keep you informed of all updates
We will Ensure your claim is run efficiently & quickly ensuring success
We will get the BEST possible settlement for your claim

Insurance Claims - Frequently Asked Questions

If it’s the first time you have to make an insurance claim, there’s so much to take on board. Part of this is working out who does what in the claims process. One of the most difficult things to understand is the difference between Loss Adjusters and Loss Assessors.

Loss Adjusters and Loss Assessors are both insurance claim professionals, however, there is one key difference in their roles during the insurance claim process:

  • Loss Adjusters are employed by the insurance company but they are supposed to remain independent.
  • Loss Assessors work for you, the policyholder. They are independent professionals who are employed by you to protect your interests.

A Loss Adjuster’s job is to adjust the claim presented to them by the policyholder or their Loss Assessor. The Loss Adjuster is paid by the insurer to decide what will be paid for – and what will not.

An independent Loss Assessor, such as Brendan, will take over the responsibility to compile and present your insurance claim. We will deal with the insurer’s Loss Adjuster on your behalf, and will protect your interests every step of the way so you receive the very best settlement under the terms of your insurance policy.

We work on a No Win No Fee basis 
Our first appraisal is FREE OF CHARGE and we work on a no win – no fee basis.
If you’d like to use your own builder, your insurer’s builder or want a cash settlement, we can negotiate any of these options for you.  In these cases, we charge a small percentage of the claim value. If we do have to charge a fee, we always expect it to be offset by the increase in settlement we achieve.

It costs nothing to seek our advise on any situation.  Please give us a call on 087 2673390

Click here to read our fee options in full

While many insurance companies will assist you at the outset of your Property damage claim, their only responsibility is to ensure costs are covered to restore your property and replace affected contents. The most stressful and time-consuming day-to-day elements will be left to you to organise and oversee alone if you do not appoint a Loss Assessor

There is no reason why your insurance company or Loss Adjuster should discourage you from appointing your own Loss Assessor to manage your property insurance claim. If your Loss Adjuster is trying to dissuade you from using our services, you should question why they are against the idea of you being equally represented. After all, a Loss Assessor can only help a policyholder claim for what is legally covered within their insurance policy.

Your Insurer and their appointed Loss Adjuster, are obliged under the Central Bank regulatory requirements to advise you that you can appoint your own representative (Loss Assessor), at your own expense.

We provide a range of services including public loss assessing, claims consultation and even pre-loss assessments to examine your property and make sure you are not under-insured or over-insured. 

The types of claims we manage include:

  • Fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Storm or Flood
  • Escape of Water / Burst Pipe
  • Impact Damage
  • Theft / Malicious damage / Vandalism
  • Third Party Claims
  • Subsidence / Heave
  • Freezing of water pipes during winter
  • Escape of Oil
  • Accidental Damage

Brendan Boyle Insurance Claims Consultants Limited are registered to undertake Insurance Mediation under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005
In respect of being involved in the decision- making process in relation to claims or assisting consumers in the administration or performance of claims arising under contracts of general insurance.

We are regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland and our regulatory reference number is C139511.

We meet all the criteria laid down by The Central Bank in order to be regulated. We are required to maintain this regulation in order to operate as a Loss Assessor.

Loss Assessors work on behalf of policyholders when they need to make an insurance claim. By law, a Loss Assessor must be ‘Authorised’ by the Central Bank of Ireland. This means they have met the stringent standards required to manage an insurance claim on behalf of a policyholder.

Before you appoint a Loss Assessor, you should ensure that they are a fully-regulated company listed by the Central Bank as ‘Authorised’. If they are not, then it is possible that your insurance company will refuse to deal with them.

Checking this is very easy. Simply visit the Central Bank register and enter the name of the loss assessing firm in the box provided:

  • If you enter the name of some loss assessing firms or individuals, you will see that they are not listed. This means they do not comply with Central Bank regulations or they are operating under the umbrella of another company’s registration. This can be an insurance broker or other financial services company who may not be completely independent and this may be detrimental to the outcome of your claim.
  • If you enter the name of the loss assessing firm and you cannot find their registration details, this means they do not have Central Bank authority and your insurer will refuse to deal with them. As a result, they will not legally be able to prepare and negotiate settlement of your claim.
  • While checking whether the firm is Authorised, you should also look at how long it is since this was granted. We have been registered since August 2015.

In short, your only protection if you decide to use a Loss Assessor is to ensure they are a fully Authorised company. A company’s membership of a trade body is no guarantee of quality and offers you no protection

1. Call us… BEFORE you call your insurance company  
We will handle all communication with your insurance company. We will report the claim, using the specific terminology that Insurance companies understand and ensure your claim gets off on the right foot. 

2. We will assess the coverage under your policy
We will review the terms, coverage, and benefits your policy offers
We explain the fine print, so you understand any restrictions or requirements specified in your policy

3. We help you secure interim funds if needed 
You may be able to request advance funds from the insurance company so you can support your needs during the time the claim is being processed. We can help with this. 
Work with other professionals (accountants, engineers, consultants, etc.), help you manage your finances with respect to the loss
Organize and prepare a complete list of your additional living expenses for residential claims. Work with your insurance company to obtain reimbursement for these expenses

4. Assess the Damage and Submit the Claim
We will conduct a detailed review of all damage to your property, evaluate it, and document it. This may include procuring replacement estimates or specialist quotes, which we will provide.

We will prepare and submit all completed documentation to the insurance company using industry-standard language and terminology, maximizing the likelihood of a fair and prompt settlement.

Home » Other Residential Insurance Claims

Residential Malicious Damage Insurance Claims

Sadly, there are occasions when homes are damaged intentionally. Our experience as Loss Assessors has taught us that these insurance claims can cause homeowners significant distress. Having a Loss Assessor on your side can lessen the impact you feel during the insurance claim process and ensure you get a positive outcome with your claim

Home » Other Residential Insurance Claims

Residential Oil Spillage Insurance Claims

Oil leaking must be dealt with quickly and thoroughly.

Oil, diesel or kerosene spillage can cause devastating damage to your house & garden, have long terms effects on concrete foundations, floors or walls of a property. 

With Brendan on board your claim will be handled professionally, we will  ensure you get a positive outcome with your claim.

Home » Other Residential Insurance Claims

Residential 3rd Party Insurance Claims

If you’ve suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence – for example, a neighbour, contractor, architect or surveyor – you will need to make a third party claim

In these cases, the insurance process can be even more complicated than normal. There may be problems with the third party’s insurance cover, and they could try to avoid accepting liability.
Unlike a regular insurance claim, law dictates that it is the claimant’s responsibility to prove that the third party is liable.

Brendan can help. He has processed many 3rd party claims successfully. To ensure a positive outcome for your 3rd party claim get in touch. 

Home » Other Residential Insurance Claims

What our Clients say

Some of our Claim Related Blog Articles